Old August 23rd 12, 10:19 PM
dxace1 dxace1 is offline
Junior Member

Last year I was lucky enough to obtain a virtually new in box RF-9000 from a well-known European seller. Paid a premium price for it, but again it was essentially new, with original and outer box. None of the accessories hd been opened or used and it has the full manual as well as repair schematics (though I personally won't be going into it to do anything). All I can say is, yes this is one of the holy grails of shortwave listening, along with the much more common SONY CRF-330K / LCD clock version, and high end JRC or similar premium receivers.

The 9000, contrary to some who have commented here, was not expected to be a top performer, though for the price it sold for new it probably should have been. It is extremely sensitive however, has three selectivity options, numerous tuning speed options, and using it like driving a Ferrari. There's nothing quite like using something like this.

My only criticism, and I believe this is something that was a design issue, is that this was one of the original PLL circuits and it puts out synthesizer noise across the bands. But FM will blow you away, using the amazing speakers this thing has.

I have seen other 9000s on EBay, but none in the condition this one is in, and it is likely one of a kind in that respect. There are some U.S.-based radio sellers who have a 9000 and may still have it for sale.

In the meantim