Old May 29th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John, N9JG John, N9JG is offline

Default Ground mounted Butternut HF6v

Correction!! I gave the wrong link. Please use the following link
http://tinyurl.com/26odvm

"John, N9JG" wrote in message
. net...
See the bottom photo of the web page pointed to by the link below
http://tinyurl.com/9cpcf

John, N9JG

"Tehrasha Darkon" wrote in message
I envy your radial plate. Makes mine seem very cheap indeed.
http://teh.3leggedcat.com/ham/radial-plate.jpg

Could you get a close-up of the 30m capacitor?

I have an original HF6V which had the cap at the bottom of the 30m coil,
thus placing all the stress across the doorknob cap. Ive had two of them
break in the 10 years the antenna has been up.

I know the HF6VX has a couple revisions made to it since mine was built,
mainly to allow the 12m and 17m kits. But I believe the other is the 30m
cap assembly. I would like a detailed picture so I might modify mine in
a similar manner.

--Teh