Old October 6th 05, 05:27 PM

Default Antenna Length Formula

2808 divided by the frequency in MHz will give
the length in inches for a 1/4 whip. Roughly
17.5 inches. Times 4 will give you a full wave.

Can't understand why you would want a full wave
whip. The impedence would be very high and
would not match a scanner or two way radio. 1/4,
5/8, or 3/4 in much easier to match.

Jim, K5DIE/9

Al wrote:
(Don Forsling) wrote in
:

Folks, I'm old, I'm tired, and I'm lazy. I'm also forgetful.

Would someone kindly provide the formula for deterring the length of a
full-wave antenna for a given frequency ( a full-wave whip comes to
mind)? Then, I can do the math. Better yet, I'll give you the frequency
and _you_ can do the math. It's 160.890 mHz.

I will never ask this question again. Sorry. Thanks, etc.

Best,

Once upon a time when I was taught physics, I was told that full wave lenght should be
calculated by dividing the speed of a light (299820km/s) with the frequency(in MHz)/1000,
so for full wave dipole it should be 299820*160.89/1000=1.864m, for half-wave dipole
divide the result by two.

Albert