Old February 20th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Harrison Richard Harrison is offline

Default Horizontal loop antenna

Jon, LA4RT wrote:
"---but presumably there`s a reason that you`re using a small loop in
the first place."

True. In Norway I specified large dishes for scatter communications with
North Sea platforms but the government sponsored the geosynchronous
satellite program and ignored scatter. In the many tunnels I specified
300-ohm twinlead which works about as well as Andrew`s leaky coax and
costs much less. I think Norway is too rich to care about cost.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI