Old September 15th 05, 04:39 PM
Mike@Lincoln

"Tim Shoppa" wrote in message
ups.com...
Are the big old-fashioned IF transformers-in-a-can available
anywhere anymore? I want to make a receiver, probably double
conversion,
which would mean that I'd want several each of the 50kHz and some
higher frequency (455kHz likely).

Are these things that can be made from scratch without a lot of
difficutly? I can wind coils etc. but don't
have any transformer slug-tuned cores.

Tim KA0BTD

J.Birkett,
25, The Strait,
LINCOLN.
LN2 1JF. (Tel: 01522-520767 )
He had a few in the shop some months ago, failing that he often has old
portable radios of 1960s vintage and he does not ask a great deal for them.
Great little surplus shop of the old fashioned type....full of all kinds of
junk .
( Closed Sun/Mon/Wed. )
Mike.