Old April 27th 12, 09:59 AM
K5RIX K5RIX is offline
Junior Member

Location: North of Chapman Ranch, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel Jumper View Post
If you were happy with it's performance when it was new - you should have bought a new one when the storm damaged it - before MFJ got their grubby paws on the company and cheapened it up.

It you was good at fabrication - you probably could have made the replacement parts yourself.
And how did it work great for your mom if there was parts missing.

This whole post is a misnomer.

Throw it away, buy a new one, put it up according to the manufacturers specifications and hope that it works as well as the one you bought years ago.

My theory is sentimental value is always 100 cents on the dollar.
Real world tells me that unless you put up the same exact antenna on the same exact location and had the same exact propagation - nothing ever works the same 100% of the time...

No parts were missing any time the antenna was in use. I was able to fix the storm damage myself. The parts were lost during subsequent storage while I was overseas. Anyhow, all's well that ends well.