Old March 16th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller

Default In-the-Attic : Terminated "Twisted" Folded Dipole (T2FD) - Think Twisted -not- Tilted !

On 16 Mar 2006 09:32:42 -0800, "N9NEO"
wrote:

Ok, Thanks for the good links.

If you explain the twist..... so I can understand. I don't think you
are telling me to just build a T2FD and make the feed point horizontal.
You are telling... Ok, I think I got it... So the loop will actually
go thru a 180 degree spin I think. is what you are telling me.

Yes, biggest problem was that roof wasn't high enough the last time I
was up there. I can stand up in it no prob and last weekend daughter's
BF and I laid a 24" wide path of plywood down the full 45 foot length.

Ok, I'll give this a try and see how it works out. I got some #43 ring
cores that I was going to build a 4:1 balun on. I may get bored one
day and fire up a transmitter into this setup, so I'll wind a few turns
on it so I don't smoke it.

thanks again
Bob

One other idea -- since your attic will have plenty of connection
points -- a fanned dipole; one for 12 meters, another for 17 meters;
feed both with one length of coax, no balun needed. And the two
dipoles should be within yelling distance of most of the upper
frequency swl listening bands, when you're not using the antenna for
ham things.

bob
k5qwg
k5qwg