Old March 19th 12, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Horne[_4_] Bill Horne[_4_] is offline

Default QRT for decades now getting the urge to go online again

On 3/17/2012 10:06 PM, DrTeeth wrote:
Hi guys,

Could you tell me what sort of wattage a soldering iron needs to have
to cope with soldering co-ax into PL509s?

I've never had luck with irons: I use a soldering gun. The Weller 140
watt model works OK.

If you have the choice, I recommend switching to BNC or N connectors:
they're much easier to assemble, and have far less loss.

Bill, W1AC

--
Bill Horne
(Remove QRM from my address to write to me directly)