Old March 20th 12, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
KC4UAI KC4UAI is offline

Default QRT for decades now getting the urge to go online again

On Mar 19, 11:10 am, Bill Horne wrote:

If you have the choice, I recommend switching to BNC or N connectors:
they're much easier to assemble, and have far less loss.

Hadn't thought about the loss perspective. I don't care for the
PL-259's tendency to not make good connection on the pin after a few
insert cycles and I hear that N connectors are a bit better. But I've
not considered BNC, at least for HF work. I use them on VHF/UHF but
my power levels are well under 50W and SWR's are all fairly reasonable
(under 3:1).

Am I safe using BNC at 100W on HF with SWR's in the 5:1 range? What is
the breakdown voltage of a BNC connector?

-= Bob =-