Old January 29th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default Homemade coils for using an MFJ analyzer as a dip meter?

on4ahf wrote:
Hi Geoff

here manual with description for homemade coils

http://www.darc.de/distrikte/f/27/MF...andbuch1v4.pdf

Thank you, it's exactly what I needed. I am having trouble with one point.

The wire type in the table is CuL and CuAg. Obviously CuL some sort of
copper wire, with the CuAg, being copper and silver (silver plated copper?).

What exactly is CuL wire? Is it critical that I use it what ever it is?
Can I use plastic covered copper wire?

For the high freqency coils I can easily get 2.0mm stiff copper
wire for use in electrical conduit. It comes with some sort of insulation,
probably PVC. Can I use it, and if I do, should I remove the insulation?

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Vist my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/