Old April 20th 07, 12:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Highland Ham Highland Ham is offline

Default Homebrew 11 tube CB receiver info wanted

IN the sixties (and early seventies), it was common for the hobby
electronic magazines to treat CB as a hobby. This was especially so
for "Electronics Illustrated" that had quite a few construction articles,
going from simple to quite sophisticated.

In the early sixties I ordered one of those cb kits from an
electronics magazine. It consisted of a crudely punched chassis, a bag
of parts and a schematic. I never did get it to work.

I thought building a kit CB transceiver was illegal due to the type
acceptance issue?

Building a CB 'receiver' from a kit can't be illegal.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH