Old June 9th 05, 01:27 PM
K4YZ

From: Fritz Wuehler on Jun 8, 2:44 pm

"K4YZ" wrote:

wrote:
from: K4YZ on Jun 6, 3:00 am

In 1930 Paul Galvin coined the company logo "Motorola."
Galvin
had gotten into making automobile radios.

Lots of "olas" in those days. Radiola, Audiola, Victrola.
Only Motorola survives.

Lennie was probably involved in "pay" ola. Like to swig
"Coke-Cola".

Kinda like the "tron" and "istor" words.

The MOTOROLA logo
had become more common in the pre-WW2 electronics industry
than "Galvin."

There was no Motorola company then.

Uh-yup.

(Snip to...)

You have to understand that Gonad the Librarian just doesn't
have anything worthwhile in electronics industry experience.

Ah, here we go, name calling and personal attack by Len. SOP

"Gonad the Librarian"...?!?!

Lennie has got nerve making such anal-ogies considering his
propensity for trying to out-trivia everyone else in this forum on
numerous issues.

As for "worthwhile experience" in the "electronics
industry"...Well, I just didn't need any to pull the carpet out from
under you, Lennie...

Sheeeesh.

Steve, K4YZ