Old October 5th 05, 07:34 PM

If the Buddipole is the one I'm thinking of, you can make out a lot
cheaper by buying or making a bracket that has capability of mounting two
mobile whips as a dipole.

I did that with two 80- or two 40-meter whips mounted about two feet above
the cab (pointed straight forward and straight aft) of my pickup truck
(which has a topper on the rear at essentially the same height, and it
"got out" like gangbusters!

Unfortunately, one day the forward-pointing whip exactly snared the loop
on the rope used to close the garage door, and several things broke!
(But, fortunately, it didn't damage the garage door.)
--
--Myron A. Calhoun.
Five boxes preserve our freedoms: soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge