Old February 2nd 05, 09:16 AM
Ian White, G3SEK

Tim Wescott wrote:
J M Noeding wrote:

Hi
can't find the notes for a minimum loss pad, anybody who remember
the
values? It should be easy to calculate, but I am not in the mood for
doing so at the moment

Here. Hot out of the math package. Assuming I know what I'm talking
about it's an L with series 43.3 & shunt 86.6 (theoretical). Should be
6dB of attenuation.

Faint bells ring... 43 ohms is a standard value, and 86.6 is pretty
close to 100 paralleled by 680.

For testing 75-ohm TVI filters in a 50-ohm system, it's very handy to
make up a pair of those pads as inter-series adaptors.

http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek