Old May 31st 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian O Brian O is offline

Default SVO?

Great! Thanks to all that responded. I learned something new and have a new
ute to monitor.

"John Kasupski" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 May 2007 23:09:52 -0600, "Brian O"
wrote:

I'm picking up a cw station, call sign SVO, transmitting a long tone then

de
SVO. 8424kHz at 407 GMT here in Texas. Anyone familiar what this

station
is, where they are and what they do?

Brian, that's maritime coastal station Olympia Radio SVO, in Greece.
They provide VHF and HF radio telephone and HF SITOR services to
vessels at sea. As it happens, I logged this station myself a few
nights ago (28 May) on the same frequency at 0318Z.

The transmitter is located at 37-36-11.7N/21-29-11E, which is at
Pirgos, but is remotely controlled from Athens.

You can find QSL address information he

http://www.worldofradio.com/dxld7042.txt

Hope this helps,

73 de John, KC2HMZ, KNY2VS
Tonawanda, NY, USA
Contributing Editor/Utility Communications
Popular Communications Magazine
http://www.kc2hmz.net