Old July 22nd 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Ferrell John Ferrell is offline

Default Vertical Yagi?

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 15:46:27 -0400, John Ferrell
wrote:

Why do we always mount our HF Yagi's in the horizontal plane?
Antenna maintenance would be much easier for those of us with tilt
over towers if the antenna were in the horizontal plane when down for
maintenance!

John Ferrell W8CCW

I sometimes wonder if anybody ever does any actual work or if we just
talk about it here.

I offer up a progress report here with my work so far on the "Tilt
Over Gadget"

http://dixienc.us/TiltOverGadget/TiltOverGadget.mht

I will concede up front that it is but a crude prototype with some
unfinished aspects, but it works!

Thanks to all
John Ferrell W8CCW