Old February 4th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Dave Goncalves Dave Goncalves is offline

Default Coast Guard Type R-100 Receiver (not the Morale RX)

Hello Folks,

A while back, I recieved an R-100 receiver. After a period of time
searching on the internet, I have been unable to locate much
infomation on this reciever. I do know this is nor the R-100/URR built
in a portable case with clock-type dial - that seems to be a morale/
entertainment reciever made during WW2.

From what I have found, this was a rack mounting unit used for

monitoring the VLF, LF and MF frequencies, up to 1400 KHz. Somebody
has told me that it is TRF. Tuning is performed on what seems to be 4
bands (indicator dial mask is seized). The dial is built like the
Measurements Inc. and some URM- signal generators where a common
tuning dial is masked by a black disc which is rotated in place by the
band knob.

Internal construction is much like the SP-200. All controls are on the
lower half of the panel, which is a black wrinkle painted steel plate.
The particular radio I have was obtaned within a aircraft-like
cabinet, made of lightweight aluminum, rubber isolator mount (four
rubber isolators) and a simple hinged top with two twist-latches.

Any schematics, manuals, power info or such out there?

The radio isn't for sale - it is promised to a friend who can get it
working again. I would make an exception for any nautical museum
looking for such a radio for their collection.

Thanks in advance for the help, any info you can spare will help.

David Goncalves