Old February 20th 05, 08:30 PM

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:38:29 -0500, Harry wrote:

I have three yagi's that I want to mount on one tower.
1)Hy-Gain TH3-MK3 three element HF tribander
2)Cushcraft 32-19 nineteen element Two meter yagi
3)Cushcraft A50-3S three element six meter beam
I installed a 40' Glen Martin with hazier last fall and I want to place
these three antennas on a mast at the top of this tower. My question is,
..............................snipped.......... ..........

I have 28Ft (from ground level) Rohn 25. My set up for all modes on
6/2/70cm is as follows.

Top going down:

Top Arrow OSJ146/440 Jpole
Just below is a 215WB (15element CC)
41" below that is a 5Element UHF (horizontal Arrow 440-5s)
42" below the UHF is the Arrow 52-4s (6m 4 element beam)
(total distance between the 2m and 6m beams is 81".)

The combined tower and mast height puts the 6m beam more than
14ft higher than the roof of the house and exactly 30ft above ground.
My tower is bracketed to the side of a low ranch house.

At the 25ft level of the tower is a lanyard for raising and lowering
the tower end of wire antennas. Those wires extend to trees and poles
elsewhere on the property. I set up two of these on two of the legs
of the tower. One carries my 24ft EDZ for 6m aimed SW
and the other has a general use wire running NNW for HF listening.

I also have vertical dipole for 6m on the south leg at about 20ft
(center of the antenna) of of the tower for local 6m FM use and on the
north leg a CuCactus for 2m/70cm (15ft to the base of it) for local
use.

This arrangement is optimal for the 2m and 6m and appears effective
for the UHF as well. The goal was to keep the mast extending above
the tapered section (25AG) to under 8ft as I only had an 11ft mast.

Seems to be effective for F2 and Es and to the limits of 4elements
on 6m for tropo. The other effect is the J at the top is both
effective due to height and also not having radials doesn't interfere
with the 215WB just below it. The UHF was installed for later use
as I only have limited UHF capability and I expect to replace it with
something in the 11-15 element range when capability expands.

Allison
KB1GMX FN42