Old November 14th 04, 03:59 PM
QrZdoTKoM

Mad Dog wrote:
I would not concern thyself with BPL too much.....
they have got enough problems of their own.
--
KG4LBD

"QrZdoTKoM" QrZdoTKoM@QrZdoTKoM wrote in message

StevenS wrote:

Hello,

I've been out of the hobby for years now, but want to purchase an HF
rig, possibly with the 6m and 2m and even 70cm options. My main
concern is that the radio have the best and most flexible receiver
possible. I'd like to do some DSP work and if the receiver is a
software receiver and is programmable, that would be very desirable.

I was looking at the TenTec site and they advertise a transceiver with
0.35 uV sensitivity at 10db S+N/N in a 3KHz SSB mode. On the other
hand, the Kenwood 480 guys are claiming a 0.10 uV sensitivity, but
didn't say what mode.

It looks to me like TenTec is the most technologically advanced, but
then why the lower sensitivity? I wonder if Kenwood is not completely
truthful.

Well anyway, what's going on? Are these the right brands to be
looking at anyway?

Thank you,

StevenS

BPL will be ending Ham Radio soon.