Old November 18th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tony Giacometti Tony Giacometti is offline

Default Low Noise receiving Loop antenna

Owen Duffy wrote:

Tony Giacometti wrote in
news:NNydnfODM_iOB6LanZ2dnUVZ_r6rnZ2d@hawaiiantel. net:

For what its worth, I have never considered just plain wire for the
loop. I do use coax RG-6 - its all I can get, no RG-59 around here.

Did I miss something. I did see you refer us to a web page that described
the loop using RG59... and now you tell us you used RG6. You might not yet
know it, they are different, and the difference is relevant.

Owen

I looked at the specs for both cables and the difference is very small.
Thats why I used RG-6, I have no source for RG-59 here.