Old July 28th 10, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
[email protected] w4pqw@cox.net is offline

Default Ten Tec Omni D series C

On Jul 25, 3:34*pm, " wrote:
OK,so it is not a BA,,It is old enought to be one..Can someone tell me
how to remove the VFO..It *does not appear to be a simple 1-2-3 action
and I don`t like to do extra work..The Vfo knob will not drive the
pto,may be from inactivity..may need cleaning or whatever...thanks
Harold W4PQW

OK now I know...remove covers remove all knobs,remove ring
bezel,remove front panel,,remove digital readout.,remove a horizontal
(LtoR) support bar.remove VFO assembly..the planitory gear drive was
frozen because of dried grease..it cannot be disassembled so ,you take
a dropper and keep dropping a degreaser (I used Naptha) on the vfo
shaft and keep working until it frees up.These drives work on friction
and always seem to work better in a dry condition..no lube..it is now
free and smoothe, and solid ..feels good and tunes good..Not a job for
a person with no patience..hi.. thanks for response..Harold