Old November 3rd 05, 09:52 PM
Steve Nosko

Default Anyone Make a 8-pin Mike Plug to 8-pin Modular Jack?

Note that for the RJ45 female, this looks like nothing more than an RJ45
male with a double female adapter.
CAUTION !! There are at lease TWO types of RJ 45 F-F adapters - "Straight
through" and "reverse". With proper wiring either can be used.
The "straight through" actually reverses the connections when traced
directly from in to out - it is (two negatives make a positive sort of
thing).

73, Steve, K,9.D;C'I

"Robert Kubichek" wrote in message
Try this link to roll your own for harsh environments....

http://www.rjfield.com/datasheets/RJ...vD%20Nov04.pdf

Dick wrote:

I need something similar to the Icom OPC-589, except opposite gender.
I want something to be able to use an 8-pin modular plug microphone on
a radio that has an 8-pin round jack. I.E. the modular end needs to
be a female jack, and the radio end needs to be a standard 8-pin mike
plug. I guess I could make one, but the only modular jacks I have
seen are Cat5 jacks for networking, and they are meant for
installation in a wall plate or similar. Not really suited for an
in-line cable.

Dick - W6CCD

--
Bob N9LVU