Old July 23rd 12, 05:26 AM
vu2nan vu2nan is offline
Banned

Location: Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Samwells View Post
I'm trying to get some accurate power readings with a low power rig (5 W)
and an RF Ammeter. The trouble is that the ammeter doesn't read quite up to
the highest level of the transmitter and I need to reduce the power to the
meter by about half. I'm thinking a 3 dB attenuator, but how am I going to
find the oddball resistances and what about resistor wattage? Is there any
other way to reduce power to the meter? Need something simple, quick-- but
accurate. Thanks.
The best way is to use a current transformer. You could make one using an RF Toroid. The primary would be a just a wire passing through the toroid (1 turn primary). The secondary would be 2 turns wound on the toroid and connected to the ammeter.