Old May 18th 05, 08:40 PM
Dave Platt

In article ,
harrogate2 wrote:

Ariceibo?

As a single antenna, probably.

But as an 'effective' antenna what about that line of dishes on tracks
near Cambridge that ISTR is equivalent to a dish 3 miles across!

Even bigger-effective-aperture telescope systems use very-long-
baseline interferometry to combine the signals from multiple receivers
spread out all across the planet, and even on satellites. There are
some VLBI systems using satellites in earth orbit, and I believe that
there are plans (or even systems in existence) which use satellites in
solar orbit.

The angular resolution you can get from these systems is sorta scary.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO