Old September 3rd 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Kaz Kaz is offline

Default Convert DISH TV antenna for WIFI use. USB or RF FEED?

I am looking for an easy way to convert a standard DISH TV offset feed
dish for WIFI use. I desire to mount this thing on the rooftop for a
long distance rural link. I need to understand if it would be easier to
go the USB device route or what the ramifications are to going the
traditional rf and coax route? I think my install will require around
60 to 75 ft of feed line. Could I use a wifi "extender" amplifier at
midpoint to get past feedline losses? If I go the coax route, what
would be an easy way to feed the dish? Could I use a tiny off-the-shelf
external wifi antenna inside of a can or do I need to homebrew something
more extravagant?

If I go the usb device route to feed the dish, how can I extend that far?

I do need to connect this to a pc as a NIC or client, therefore remote
mounting a router wont do the job for me.

--- NOTE ON REPLY: YANK THE DOT UCE TO GET ME BACK PRIVATELY