Old November 27th 04, 12:34 AM
JGBOYLES

Has anyone tried mounting a magnet mount hf antenna (Hamstick) on the top of
a metal toolbox?

Hi Gary, If your toolbox is like mine, it is Aluminum, and the mag mount
won't stick. I attached a small steel plate on the top of the box and use it
for a 2M mag mount.
For my homebrew HF mobile antenna I use a mounting system on the backside of
the box. I get good results with my bugcatcher type antenna on 80m-17m mounted
in this location. The loading coil is about 1 foot above the cab top. Since a
Hamstick is continously loaded, and may not be as efficient as a bugcatcher,
you may not have similar results, mounting at the rear of the box.

73 Gary N4AST