Old May 12th 11, 07:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael[_10_] Michael[_10_] is offline

Default The Lazy H does not seem to exhibit any gain over a dipole in thereal world

On May 12, 12:42*pm, Richard Clark wrote:
So, the long and short of it is:
* * *Do not feed in the middle of the interconnecting line.
* * *Observe proper phasing requirements.

You can perform your own EZNEC analysis using the free version. *The
benefit of this is you can control all the variables, adjust items 1
through 6 in the list above, and you can replicate your experience.
Doing this will also reveal what you need to do to optimize your
antenna. *

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

The W8JI web page goes to considerable length to bash the end fed Lazy
H with the twist, but since the real world performance of the center
fed Lazy H is less than stellar I'll have to give it a try.

There is one thing the center fed Lazy H did better than the dipole
and the extended double zepp. When I applied RF to the center fed
Lazy H four of my outside motion sensor flood lights would come on. I
guess if I wanted to go outside at night I could just switch to the
Lazy H, key the mic, and save myself a trip to the light switch. ha
ha

W8JI bashing the end fed Lazy H with the twist
http://www.w8ji.com/curtain%20sterba...Lazy_H_Antenna

-Michael