Old February 19th 12, 01:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Homebrew or Copycat B&W AP10 Windowsill Antenna

On Feb 15, 9:44*pm, "Irv Finkleman" wrote:
Somewhere I recall seeing an article on homebrewing a windowsill
antenna similar to the B&W AP-10. *Does anyone have a copy they
could email me, or a link where I can find the information. *I was
hospitalized for serious problems and all my ham gear including many
books were donated to the local ham club -- I'm starting again from
scratch after 54 years of hamming, but on a much smaller scale!

Thanks for any assistance in this matter.

Irv VE6BP
Calgary, AB

Shortly after getting my ticket I spent nearly a year in OKC going to
computer school living in a 2 story apartment. To get on the air I use
about 15 ft of EMT conduit and built a little LC tuner of scrounged Cu
tubing and a cap out of a 5 tube AM radio. Picked up a CB VSWR meter
at a yard sale for a tuning indicator. Later picked up an MFJ tuner at
a hamfest, wahoo. Balcony railing was my counterpoise.

Jimmie