Old March 7th 12, 04:25 AM posted to alt.internet.wireless,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
miso miso is offline

Default What's the most accurate elevation tool on the net (freebie)

RM mostly runs under Wine:
http://radiomobile.pe1mew.nl/?How_to:Wine
The problems listed are not fatal as you can download the SRTM maps
manually, and can simply export the result as a Google Earth overlay
to obtain street map detail.

This guy got it going. ;-)
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.ph...ab4164 902614

If Alpha Male has linux, why even screw with Radio Mobile? Just run
SPLAT!. For a small array, the KML SPLAT generates should be fine for
Google Earth. My issue was the array was too big to feed GE directly.

GE has an "aperture" size that doesn't appear to be consistent between
PCs. GE expects the images to be tiled with no tile larger than the
aperture. On my PC, that is 3600x3600. That is probably why you could
load the Radio Mobile output to GE.

Incidentally, there are programs designed to take a PNG and tile it, but
I never got them to work. But it has been a while since I tried them.