Old April 30th 05, 03:02 AM
jamoran

physsics to the rescue
300/frequency in mhz gives length in meters

the 300 comes form the lv=c calculation

using above a 900mhz frequench has wavelength of .3 meters

I prefer to work in metric because everything is base 10 as in 100
centimeters in a meter but there are not 10 inches in a foot and not
1000 inches in a mile......math is easier in metric

Don Forsling wrote:

Folks, I'm old, I'm tired, and I'm lazy. I'm also forgetful.

Would someone kindly provide the formula for deterring the length of a
full-wave antenna for a given frequency ( a full-wave whip comes to mind)?
Then, I can do the math. Better yet, I'll give you the frequency and _you_
can do the math. It's 160.890 mHz.

I will never ask this question again. Sorry. Thanks, etc.

Best,