Old March 15th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller

Default T2FD antenna opinions solicited

On 14 Mar 2006 18:54:34 -0800, "N9NEO"
wrote:

So dilemma is length of antenna vs the slope. I can get a 20 degree
slope with a 23 foot antenna for about 14mc bottom end or a 30
degree slope with a 16 foot antenna for a 20mc bottom end. I am more
interested in SWL than ham bands. Antenna/attic is orientated along
a line parallel to 135/315 degrees."

I am looking for a comparison of the two potential installations.

Thanks & regards,
Bob
N9NEO

Since we're at the bottom of the sun spot cycle I'd guess an antenna
with a 14 mc bottom end would be better than 20 mc. If anything, I'd
extend it a bit to get it even lower, but you know what frequencies
you like listening to better than I do.

bob
k5qwg