Old April 11th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Yuri Blanarovich

Default Counterpoise wire length

If you are using long wire for different bands, you can tap to your water
pipe for ground, or metal frame of the screen door, or most likely your RX
is already "grounded" through its AC PS. You can try through capacitor of
about 10000 uuF/1kV from your RX ground to your ground pin the AC outlet.
Alternative I used for antenna when in restricted area, just run wire from
ant terminal on RX through capacitor of about 10 k rated at least at 3000V
to one of the connections in AC outlet, well insulated and mounted in AC
plug.

Yuri, K3BU

"Harbin" wrote in message
Say I was using a short wave receiver, and I'm on the second floor,
without a good
ground. I would be running a long wire. Would it help to cut a
counterpoise for the
bands I wish to listen to, a single wire for each band? Would it be 1/4,
or 1/2 wave?

--
SeeYaa Harbin Osteen KG6URO