Old February 14th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
The Shadow[_2_] The Shadow[_2_] is offline

Default Weird CW on 333 kHz

Oopps the ng screwed up the Wikipedia URL for NDB's should be:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-directional_beacon

Lamont

"cadillac_eldorado" wrote in message
Wow! Spectacular work, everyone! Yes, I am in Oregon, Portland,
specifically. Thanks for clearing this little mystery up for me.

On Feb 13, 8:55 am, "The Shadow" wrote:
"msg" wrote in message

cadillac_eldorado wrote:
Has anyone else been hearing this Morse code on 333 kHz lately? It's
been on the last four days now. I'm new to CW and SWL, but when I
tune in this frequency, I think what I'm hearing is this:

.- ..- ... ....

What does that mean? It's just repeated, over and over, all day
long. Any ideas?

Your NNTP posting host is from Oregon, assuming that you are listening
in Oregon,

Please see:
http://worldaerodata.com/nav/US/OREGON.php

and check the NDB (non-directional beacon) entries. You may have
mis-parsed the CW, I think that it may be 'LBH', eg:
.-.. -... ....

LBH is listed as a beacon.

Michael

Very good Michael good detective work
The beacon is afoot Watson

LBH IS INDEED A NDB BEACON - LISTED AS 332 kHZ
GO TO URL:http://www.airnav.com/navaids/

TYPE IN "LBH"
GET
LBH
LAKER NDB
PORTLAND, OR
Type: NDB
Class: MHW
Frequency: 332
Location
Lat/Long: 45-32-27.841N / 122-27-44.450W (45.5410669/-122.4623472)
Elevation: 125 ft.
WHAT IS A NDB BEACONLEARN ALL AT
URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-dir...nQUICKSUMMARYA
Non-Directional Beacon (NDB) is a radio transmitter at a known location,
used as an aviation or marine navigational aid. Each NDB is identified by
one, two, or three-letter Morse code callsign.The shadow knows