Old January 16th 05, 06:29 PM
Bob Miller

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:04:17 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

A slushy paste of baking soda and water left on the corrosion for a few
hours neutralizes the goop that the battery squirted onto the board. Rinse
with distilled water and then any good contact cleaner brushed over the
area.

Jim

Thanks, I tried the Radio Shack Electronic Cleaner and that seemed to
do the trick. The device is working now.

Bob
k5qwg

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
news
I have battery leakage from a couple of AA batteries that has corroded
about an inch square of surface on a printed circuit board, with the
corrosion also on the little "trails" that lead from one component to
another.

Any hints on removing the corrosion without damaging the board? I was
thinking of trying alcohol. I also have something from Radio Shack
called "Electronic Cleaner."

Thanks for any ideas.

Bob
k5qwg