Old December 13th 04, 03:58 AM
Mike

What would be an advantage to not allowing the department radios to
scan????

There is no advatage what so ever.

Where I live and area around me there is 4 different radio systems.

The county I live in
The local government went to an analog wide EDACS trunksystem.
The county went to an P25 VHF system.
The highway patrol went to an P25 VHF system.

The next city which is 20 miles from my location.
The local government went to an analog MOT trunksystem.
The county went to an VHF and Nextel.

The rest of the surrounding counties and cities are on a VHF system.

In my area VHF rules the land.

"yoyo" wrote in message
As some in Michigan know, Oakland county is going to Opensky.

I know there is no scanner available to monitor, but...

The question I have is? Some officers I know in Oakland are being told,
their WORK radios will not be able to scan other jurisdictions.

They are being told they will only be able to directly access the other
cities, but not scan. The reasoning given is that the system, just
can't handle the strain????? And they don't know if it can ever be
done?????

Of course I question that, because it is still basically a trunked
system with talk groups and such.. I;m leaning more towards they are
throwing a line of **** for some reason...Why we don't know.

What would be an advantage to not allowing the department radios to

scan????

Thanks