Old November 7th 03, 03:29 AM
Yuri Blanarovich

The time I am spending arguing here, I will be better off to do my own
measurements and start to write the article. I think this is about what I
needed, I have got the picture, explanation for what are we seeing, its time to
put it all together. I will just comment on your ending comments, unless I see
any serious and measured arguments, further arguments are just running around
in circles.

Do you know how that ammeter works? You have here, and repeatedly,
offered a description of considerable heat. The RF Ammeter works on
the basis of heat (that's why it is called a thermocouple type). It
is in close proximity to a source of heat by simple observation of the
photos offered and undoubtedly what you anticipate in repeating at
elevated power levels (more heat). What more does it take to suggest
this heat is a source of error?

I know how ammeters work. I key the TX, the ammeter almost instantaneously
shows the current. W9UCW used good quality coils that would not heat up with
100 mA current. No time for coil to get red hot and fry the meters. You can see
that from the pictures.
I mentioned Hustler coil, wound with small gage aluminum wire and have
experienced heating of the bottom with no meters screwing it up or vice versa.
I put 500 W to it and saw that heatshrink tubing fried at the bottom = more
current there, no meters to show error.
So what's the horrendous heat got to do with what W9UCW measured? Try it,
measure it.
If I will do measurement I will not use Hustler aluminum coils but 1/4" tubing.
Got that?

88's
Yuri Blanarovich, K3BU
still waiting for ONE PROPER MEASUREMENT, hellooooo????
otherwise you flat earth (er equal loading coil current) believers are the

ones
flying in the la-la land.

Still waiting for you to
1.) provide a complete specification of the
a.) radiator
b.) solenoid
c.) ground
d.) drive applied (not readings)

You pick typical mobile antenna, mount the coil from half way up, pick pair of
radials or any ground, drive with what you have and see what you get. The
objective is to prove or disprove that current across the loading is not the
same, but more in the order of 50% drop with +/-10% error if you like.

2.) respond to the model offered;
3.) describe the errors possibly attending all this heat.

Do I get real technical specifications OR should I be applauding?
Please tell me what form of support you expect.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

As I said, you want to verify W9UCW measurements, contact him, I don't have ALL
the details of his experiment. I will provide that info on my setup, when I get
around to do it.

What I expected? To see if anyone else measured the current in the coils and
what they found, or if we are in error, where did we committed error and show
us where we are wrong, if we are. (no one yet)
I was looking for explanation of the effect. (thanks Cecil, makes sense)
We found that software (EZNEC) does not treat the effect properly.
We found that people learned that coil "must" have the same current and they
will not accept reality and argue to death that it ain't so, if it is.
I am happy to confirm that I was right, I found out about the effect and
reasons behind it, opened my eyes wider and got me some ideas to improve loaded
and mobile antennas. I corrected my opinion about reflected waves, I don't like
them on feedlines, but I appreciate them on the radiators now (thanks Cecil). I
found that presently we can approximate loading coil as a loading stub in the
soft modeling (thanks Cecil) to get some more meaningful results rather than
using imaginary coil. Unless someone shows that 7 points I raised are not
valid, I am happy with results of this interesting exercise.

Thanks all!

Yuri