Old March 13th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default Broadband HF vertical antenna

A well known way to achieve wide bandwidth is to introduce loss. It
appears that's what is being done here. Because many amateurs use much
more power than necessary, quite a few people find that the reduced
signal from the B & W resistance-loaded folded dipole is a worthwhile
trade for increased bandwidth. I'm sure that some will be happy with a
similar trade with this antenna. Whether you would or not is up to you.

I believe you'll find it to be very poor on the lower bands unless you
have a very good ground system.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

wrote:
Some interesting info starting to apear on the web

http://www.vk5zdb.com/cha250bxii.pdf

http://g8jnj.webs.com/cometcha250b.htm

http://g8jnj.webs.com/broadbandhfvertical.htm

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=4455

Is it worth constructing one ? How well would it work ?

UKM