Old April 30th 08, 03:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Weiss Weiss is offline

Default Analog meter Repair?

Dale,

I can vouche for Chuck. He does outstanding work. Repaired several analog
meters for me and they work better than new.

W9STB

"Chuck Harris" wrote in message
Hi Dale,

I am an amateur watchmaker, and I have been known to repair meters
from time to time.

What seems to be the problem with yours?

Hairsprings can be straightened, iron filings removed, armatures
rewound.... I can't replace jewels cracked jewels, because I don't
have a source for new jewels.

-Chuck

Dale Parfitt wrote:
"Joe Curry" wrote in message
news
Dale:

Try this group: http://www.sml-inc.com/Contact.htm

They do excellent work.

Joe

Hi Joe,
The 1st responder also gave me this link. When I called, they did not
seem to know too much about movement repair- although they do repair
instruments. Their response was that I should buy a new meter; which is
not possible in this instance.
Do you have any recent experience with them?

Dale