Old August 3rd 05, 07:39 AM
Alun L. Palmer

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in
ink.net:

"b.b." wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"b.b." wrote in message
oups.com...

KØHB wrote:
"b.b." wrote

Maybe Morse can go back to being an encoding scheme, and
Farnsworth can go back to being a teaching method.

Thus it is, thus it always has been.... I don't understand "go back
to"....

73, de Hans, K0HB

Morse had become merely a licensing hurdle, Farnsworth a testing
scheme. Now if anyone bothers to learn Morse, it will be to use it.

You know something? Your probably right....and actually that is a
good thing.

Dan/W4NTI

People may not always agree with my opinions, but that's OK with me.

There were plenty of Code Tape Extra's out there who never worked a dit
in their lives.

Of course there were/are. Lots of folks never cared a lick if they
actually operated CW or not. And to them it was a hurdle to do 13 or
20.

But to those select few that actually enjoyed the mode it became a real
pain hearing about how hard it was to learn, how useless, how
unnecessary, etc.

Now perhaps the debate will finally END. And those that like CW can
continue to enjoy it. And help those that want to learn it, learn it,
and also enjoy it. And use it and not have to put up with all the
whinning any longer.

Dan/W4NTI

That's a change of tune from you. When you're right, you're right!