Old August 21st 03, 02:51 PM
Floyd Sense

Not braid for this application. Use solid copper #6 or larger. The
National Electrical Code specifies that all the grounds must be tied
together and how it should be done. There are many good reasons for this,
not the least of which deals with the effects of lightning. If you live in
an area where thunderstorms occur, you really need to look into the
grounding issue. Multiple isolated grounds can be far worse than none at
all! By the way, does that copper baseboard heating pipe really have a
continuous conducting path to earth ground?

K8AC

"Ken Bessler" wrote in message

"Owen Duffy" wrote in message
I urge you to check that you have an effective equipotential bond from
the shack equipment to the electrical installation earth.

Owen

Good advice - I guess I should check the outlet for proper
installation then run a braid from the electrical ground to the
copper pipe? My dad owns one of those nifty radio shack
plug in outlet testers - I think I'll borrow it. :-)

Jeez - lots of good advice on this group! Thanks again....

72's de Ken KG0WX