Old March 15th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
N9NEO

Default T2FD antenna opinions solicited

I will hang T2FD in attic this weekend and have question about slope vs
bandwith. Well here is same post I just made to yahoo group. I have
some big dipoles for 75m and 160m, but I don't think they work so good
for SWL. I also have a very difficult time to climb up on roof
especially when cold. I'm a fraidy cat with heights( but no prob to
jump with a chute). This may be just an interm antenna till WX gets
better.

"Last time I was up in the attic about a year ago it looked like I
had about 12 foot of headroom. I was figuring I would put up a T2FD
about the full length 45 feet of attic and I could get a decent
slope. I was up there Saturday and now it looks like it's about 8
foot of headroom. I figure at the rate it's shrinking I better
hurry up and get the thing up while I can still stand up in the
attic.

So dilemma is length of antenna vs the slope. I can get a 20 degree
slope with a 23 foot antenna for about 14mc bottom end or a 30
degree slope with a 16 foot antenna for a 20mc bottom end. I am more
interested in SWL than ham bands. Antenna/attic is orientated along
a line parallel to 135/315 degrees."

I am looking for a comparison of the two potential installations.

Thanks & regards,
Bob
N9NEO