Old October 8th 05, 05:53 PM
Amos Keag

Dick, AA5VU wrote:
When attempting to adjust the ALC limit on the rear of the amplifier as
suggested in the manual I am not noticing any effect on the rig. I
have driven the amplifier up to to 85W, and still do not notice and
reduction of power on the radio as indicated in the manual.

I have an external power meter between my rig and the Ameritron Amplifer
and have noticed the power output of the rig is less with the amp on.
If I follow the normal tune up procedure using about five watts of drive
then increase in increments, I can get the max output at about 45 to 50
watts. I cannot get the rig output more than 55 to 60 watts with the
amp ON. Is this normal?

Dick AA5VU

Either your ALC is working or the VSWR is too high! If VSWR is too high
someone may have 'fiddled' with the input tuning to the amplifier.