Old February 26th 12, 03:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy
dave dave is offline

Default New one for me.

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 18:32:55 -0800, jon boy kg4gfu wrote:

I am unfamiliar with EAM. What does it stand for? BTW, I should have
mentioned it is USB. Keep on twisting! Jon Boy. kg4gfu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTZuJQ4xtE0

Emergency Attention Message?

Theoretically transmission of a certain alpha sequence, (changed daily),
indicates a heightened state of alert or an actual breakout of
hostilities. Most EAMs are less important.

Like an EBS closed circuit test that broadcasters had to do, when we
actually got to open the big envelope.