Old April 20th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default Homebrew 11 tube CB receiver info wanted

"COLIN LAMB" wrote in message
ink.net...
The tube lineup is from the later generation of miniature tubes - which
means mid 60's. It looks like the first conversion oscillator is crystal
controlled and the receiver uses a tunable if stage - similar to Drake.
That means it would be easy to change thr crystal controlled first
conversion stage and cover any other range. Might be a good 10 meter
receiver - or perhaps the 12 meter band. There could be some value to a
cb collector, since few home brew receivers were made.

One of the pots might be noise limiting adjustment, or one could be for a
Q-multiplier.

Colin K7FM

Didn't one issue of like an RCA Tube Manual - have a schematic in it for a
cb receiver or "transceiver"? I know I've seen them out there.