Old November 21st 04, 10:42 PM
boB

There's also the Abisofix stripper. Not really cheap either, but
works well if you need to strip a log of magnet wire.

http://www.abisofix.de/English/Abisofix/abisofix.html

boB

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 13:48:22 -0500, "John Walton"
wrote:

Try "Zip Strip" -- methylene chloride -- use gloves.

"Avery Fineman" wrote in message
Many years ago GC Electronics of Rockford, Illinois, supplied a fast-
acting enamel stripping gel under the trade name of "Strip-X." It
would "lift" the enamel within a minute or two, was rather pungent
and no doubt (in today's ultra-health-conscious world) toxic.

When my last bottle ran dry, I got some paint stripper from a
neighbor that worked nearly as well. Alax, neighbor moved away
and I never recorded the name of the commercial paint stripper.

Anyone have any suggestions for a chemical stripper gel or
solution? Will PCB "stripper" gel work on enamel-covered
magnet wire? [expensive stuff for a tiny bottle of that]

Mechanical means of enamel stripping are the pits and I can't
justify the cost of a commercial stripper machine such as the
Eraser. Solution solutions welcomed.