Old February 23rd 12, 01:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Rich Greenberg Rich Greenberg is offline

Default Help with Hammarlund HQ129X - What size paper capacitor is this?

In article ,
Gregory Mosher wrote:

Anyways - back to that one paper cap - Any identification on rating
is gone from the cap itself - so I donlt know what to replace it with?
I supose I could just leave it but I noticed it gets very hot with
radio operation - the ones I replaced do not - so I suppose it's bad

It MAY not be a capacitor at all, From your description, I would
suspect a wirewound power resistor which would get somewhat hot in
normal operation.

You will have to locate it on a schematic to be sure.

--
Rich Greenberg Sarasota, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 941 378 2097
Canines: Val,Red,Shasta,Zero,Casey & Cinnar (At the bridge) Owner:Chinook-L