Old April 5th 05, 07:08 AM
Ted Bruce

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 22:03:21 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

I have missed that. What are the problems?
Even the power supplies I have made which power 1500+ liners have held up
fine. I do notice they seem to run a bit warmer than their expensive
counterparts.
I am convinced without arguement that their efficiency is lower than a more
conventional xfmr--one reason--microwaves are usually only in operation for
short periods of time.
However, all I can see which might be happening is my electric bill is a few
cents higher...

Regards,
John

I couldn't get the laminations apart because of the welds. I would go
down to the garage and chisel away at them every couple of day, but I
finally gave up. My intended use was a hi current 13.8 V supply

Te KX4OM