Old January 28th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
DaveM

Default Homemade coils for using an MFJ analyzer as a dip meter?

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
I have an MFJ modle 249 (the original with a meter) antenna analyzer. MFJ
sells a kit of two coils to make it into a dip meter.

I would like to use it to measure the resonant fequency of a traps I
am building, but am unable to purchase the coils.

Is there a way to make then on your own?

TIA,

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice:
1-215-821-1838
Vist my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/

I think I have a spare set of coils for the MFJ-201 dip meter, missing only
the UHF coil. I don't know if the coils are the same for the 247, but if
you can verify that they are the same, maybe we can make a deal.

Email me if you're interested
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in