Old March 16th 04, 03:49 AM
Brian Denley

S R wrote:
Some of my radios have the AIR band. I had never picked up an
aircraft or tower. How does one monitor the AIR band?

Sometimes I'll heard strange signals that may sound like a fax. But
I am not sure what that is.

Is there an AIR frequency list around?

Now on the Marine band I do pick up boats. Well I live near a river.
But should an aircraft fly over my area and I am on it's frequency
and a transmission came out from it, well, because of the speed of
the aircraft, I am not too sure how long it would last.

Boats are much slower. And better for this I think!

73

Are you near any airports? I hear constant air/ tower traffic on that band.
Get the radio Shack scanner frequency guide and lookup the frequencies in
your area.

--
Brian Denley