Old February 4th 05, 08:23 PM
Dave Platt

Your dry, painted timber flag-pole, with a plastic insulated antenna wire
running down it, can be located alongside a wall of your house or at the
end, side or middle of the garden.

One common house-building style around here (California) uses a
building frame of 2-by-4 or 2-by-6 wood, with an outer layer
consisting of stucco which incorporates a galvanized-steel "chicken
wire" mesh.

I'd encourage keeping HF vertical antennas well clear of any walls
made in this fashion.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO